Congratulations on being selected to attend the 2010 US Frontiers of Engineering symposium. We hope your attendance of this invitation-only symposium will introduce you to other outstanding engineers and through this interaction facilitate collaboration in engineering, the transfer of new techniques and approaches across fields, and establishment of contacts among the next generation of engineering leaders.
The 2010 U.S. Frontiers of Engineering Symposium, will be held September 23-25, 2010, at the IBM Learning Center (ILC) in Armonk, New York.
The symposium runs from Thursday morning through Saturday lunch. In order to achieve the objectives of the program, we ask that you attend all sessions of the entire symposium. This meeting is unlike other meetings you may attend where it is possible to pick and choose the sessions in which you wish to participate. In addition to showing consideration toward all the speakers, who have worked hard preparing for this meeting, you will reap the maximum benefit from the symposium by participating fully in both the formal sessions and informal events over the course of the 2-½ day meeting. There is a welcome reception/registration on Wednesday evening.
Break Out Sessions:
On Thursday afternoon, attendees will participate in a get-acquainted session where they will briefly present a slide of their work and/or research interests. Please see the breakout session instructions for more information. Slides MUST be submitted by Friday, August 20.
The meeting will be held at the IBM Learning Center (ILC) in Armonk, NY
20 Old Post Road
Armonk, NY 10504
Lodging is on the IBM Learning Center campus.The negotiated rate is $140 (inclusive of taxes) per night. Because we have a group reservation, we will collect hotel information from you and submit it to the hotel. Please do not contact the ILC directly to make a reservation.
If you need to make changes to your hotel reservation after July 30, please contact FOE staff immediately.
Shuttle Service on the ILC campus
The campus is easily walkable, but there is also a circulating shuttle bus.
The IBM Learning Center in Armonk, N.Y. is served by three airports:
- White Plains Westchester County Airport (HPN) - 6 Miles
- LaGuardia Int'l (LGA) - 35 Miles
- John F. Kennedy Int'l (JFK) - 45 Miles
Participants are expected to make their own arrangements for travel from the airport to ILC. Your options are:
SHUTTLE SERVICE: Please use Continental Limousine. They are coordinating shared rides based on arrival times.
- Contact them directly through their website. To make a reservation click on Corporate Client login - Username: USFOE - Password: ILC20. Please keep in mind both the username and password are case sensitive.
- or contact them via email.
- or via their toll free number: 1-800-924-5686.
- You will need to provide your cell phone number, email address, and credit card information at time of booking. Pricing will be based on the number of passengers per vehicle. Please click HERE for more detailed information regarding where to meet the shuttle.
- The cost per vehicle is $125 from LaGuardia and $150 from JFK, to be divided equally among the passengers.
- Please note that to avoid charges, reservations must be cancelled at least 4 hours prior to scheduled pick-up.
TAXI: You also have the option of taking a taxi with the approximate cost from LaGuardia to ILC of $86 and $102from JFK to ILC. Taxis are also available from White Plains/Westchester Airport to ILC for approximately $25.
We are coordinating a group return leaving on Saturday at 12:15 p.m. with a travel time to LaGuardia of approximately one hour and to JFK of 1.5 hours. You will need to reserve a seat by indicating so on the Travel Form. If your needs have changes since submitting your airport bus request form, please see Elizabeth.